All student activities are scored according to the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS). Each year carries 60 ECTS credits. The master applied studies last for two years, i.e. four semesters, and carry 120 ECTS credits. The studies are realized in the form of class-based teaching (face-to-face) in Serbian language. The study program is realized within the field of Technical and Technological Sciences. The subfield is Traffic and Transportation Engineering.
After completing the master applied studies, a student acquires the title of Master of Applied Science in Traffic and Transportation Engineering (MASc in TTE). According to the National Framework of Qualifications of the Republic of Serbia (NFQS), the completion of master applied studies leads to the seventh level; sub-level one (level 7.1). The requirement for acquiring this level is previously achieved level 6.1 of NFQS, i.e. finished basic applied studies of 180 ECTS credits.
Teaching and exams
Classes are held in a one-semester subject pattern. Student activities during the semester (pre-examination obligations), such as colloquiums, seminar papers, and other activities are scored. The proportion of the number of points obtained in the pre-examination obligations and on the exam is determined for each subject individually, whereby the pre-examination obligations participate with at least 30 and up to 70 points. The final exams are taken at the School in the appropriate exam terms, which are: January, April, June, September, and October. By fulfilling the pre-examination obligations and taking the exam, the student can achieve a maximum of 100 points, whereby a score of at least 51 points for a grade of 6, a score of 61 points for a grade of 7, a score of at least 71 points for a grade of 8, a score of at least 81 points for a grade of 9, and a score of at least 91 points for a grade of 10.
Goals and outcomes
The main goal of the master study program Traffic and Transportation Engineering is the development of creative abilities and skills of students for the application of professional knowledge, and the latest scientific achievements in solving specific problems in the field of traffic, transportation, and logistics, especially problems concerning planning, organization, exploitation, and traffic safety.
By mastering the study program Traffic and Transportation Engineering, the student acquires the following qualifications and competencies:
- application of mathematical methods of operations research, such as Multiple-criteria decision-making (MCDM), etc. in solving specific problems in the field of railway and road traffic and transportation;
- application of simulation methods;
- traffic monitoring and control;
- analysis, synthesis, consequence prediction, and development scenarios of solution in the field of railway and road traffic safety;
- logistic operation management;
- application of knowledge for improving logistics operation;
- estimation of usage of intelligent transportation systems;
- traffic and transportation volume analyses and predictions;
- techno-economic analyses and transportation cost calculation;
- transportation costs and benefits analyses;
- modeling the quality of transport services;
- knowledge and understanding of ETCS;
- knowledge of European regulations in traffic and transportation;
- application of innovations in the profession by improvement of skills and development of communication abilities.
Continuation of studies