All students activities are rated according to the European Credit Transfer System (ECTS), (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System, ECTS), so that each trimester is awarded 30 ECTS credits. The basic applied studies last for three years, that is, nine trimesters and they award 180 ECTS points. The studies were conducted in the form of class-based teaching (face-to-face) in Serbian. The study program is realized within the field of technical and technological sciences, the field of Electrotechnical and computer engineering.
After completing basic applied studies, a student is appointed a title of engineer of electrical and computer engineering (Bachelor appl.). According to the National Framework of Qualifications of the Republic of Serbia (NFQRS) the completion of basic applied studies is achieved at the sixth level, sub-level one (level 6.1). The condition for acquiring this level is previously achieved level 4 of NFQRS and passed general, professional or artistic graduation.
Teaching and exams
Teaching is performed using one-trimester courses. Students activities during the trimester (pre-examination obligations), such as colloquiums, seminar work and homework, are scored. The ratio of the number of points earned in pre-examination and exams is determined for each subject individually, with pre-examination obligations participating with at least 30 and up to 70 points. The final exams are placed in the School within the appropriate exam terms, which are: December, April, June, July, September and October. By completing preliminary exams and taking the exam, a student can earn a maximum of 100 points, with a score of at least 51 points for a grade of 6, a score of 61 points for a grade of 7, a score of at least 71 points for a grade of 8, a score of at least 81 points for a grade of 9 and a score of at least 91 points for a grade of 10.
Goals and outcomes
Communication Technologies study program is realized through two modules: System Engineering and Engineering Management.
The objectives of Communication Technologies study program are to qualify professional and competent personnel for the purpose of:
- implementation and maintenance of communication equipment by applying up-to-date technical methods, specialized software tools and up-to-date network technologies, primarily in the existing landline and mobile communication networks, sensor networks and new generation networks;
- introduction, monitoring and maintenance of a large number of user services, as well as acquiring skills in the field of engineering management and multimedia communication.
By mastering Communication Technologies study program, the student acquires general and subject specific skills for the purpose of:
- administration of landline and mobile communication;
- maintenance of sensor networks;
- maintenance of electronic and optical communication devices;
- management and sales of communication services and devices;
- use of telecommunication measurement equipment and activities related to electronic media;
- other technical jobs and technical support in a TV studio.
Continuation of studies
After completing basic applied studies, a student can enrol in master applied studies.