Student Internship 1 Course code: 3172SP1 | 6 ECTS credits
Level of Studies:
Year of Study: 1
Goal: Enable students to apply the skills and the knowledge (gained by learning at VISER), during the internship, in a company with which VISER has a contract. Enable students to solve practical problems in the field of computer engineering, independently and within the team. Encourage students to find and suggest new solutions that will improve the existing level of solution. Enable students to evaluate and self-evaluate their assignments, at the individual and team level, in cooperation with other team members.
Outcome: The students will be prepared to select a method that will solve the problems in the field of computer engineering within the internship in the company with which the higher education institution has a contract. Student proposals and direct participation can contribute to improve existing solutions. Student has to cooperate with the mentor and team in solving the given problems.
Contents of the course
Practical instruction (Problem solving sessions/Lab work/Practical training):
- During the student internship in the second semester, students are fully involved in achieving tasks in the field of computer engineering.
- In cooperation with the mentor, students plan to solve, realize, and evaluate the solutions of practical tasks.
- Students attend team meetings and actively participate in the selection of methods and ways to solve given tasks.
- Independently, but within the team and with the supervision of a mentor, students realize the current projects of the company.
- Students apply contemporary methods and technologies that are adapted to the resources of the firm.
- In cooperation with the mentor, students propose and carry out their research to improve the existing solutions.
- Students are preparing a written report for each working day and at the end they write a report.
Number of active classes 180 hours
Grading (maximum number of points: 100)